Thursday, January 17, 2013

Spring Is in the Air

Okay, not really.  But it is time to start thinking about your garden for the year.  Well, that is if you live in the south =)

Time to start thinking about all the healthy vegetables you'll grow and how much your kids will eat because they helped grow them...  Or maybe how much money you might save by having all the vegetables and herbs in your backyard.

A friend sent me to SproutRobot and it has a lot of information on when you're suppose to start your plants inside and when to transplant...  Sounds like Gardening for Dummies- written just for me =)

So I'm taking a look and realizing I can start planting things inside next week!  That means I need to get my seeds and start getting things ready!

I have to confess though...  I really don't have a green thumb.  Most years I start with good intentions, but end up with pathetic looking plants.  This year I'm determined to do things differently.  Over the next few weeks, I'm going to start working on my raised beds- enriching the soil and getting them cleaned up.  I'll be planting seeds indoors and transplanting when ready.  AND!  I vow to keep the beds weeded and fertilized =)

So hopefully instead of my garden looking like this:


It will look like this:


A girl can dream, right?

What are your favorite herbs and vegetables to plant in your garden?





No comments:

Post a Comment