Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Jiggle It, Just a Little Bit...

Another week has flown by.  It's hard to keep track of where all the days are going.  It dawned on me the other day that Sweet Pea is going to be 2 in 4 months.  How did that happen?

It's been a pretty quiet week so far.  Last Friday was our MOPs meeting.  We had the chance to have a car seat technician come in and talk about car seat safety.  She presented a lot of good information.  I learned about some of the new car seats and how much they've changed since my oldest was a baby (don't worry, I haven't been using the same car seat for 8 yrs =)).  She also gave us a link to SafeKids so we can find places to have our car seat installation checked.

Saturday I ran a race with my friend- The Jiggle Butt.  I won't recap it here...  The full write up is here if you're interested.

Monday afternoon, my friend and I sat down to talk about an idea that we've had rolling around in our brains for awhile.  We're excited to be putting things in motion to get a business idea off the ground.  There's still a lot of work to be done, but everything should be ready to launch by February 1st.  I know that was just a bit of a tease.  You'll just have to wait to find out what it's all about ;)

Yesterday Girly and I made our own toothpaste.  I ordered the kit from the Bulk Herb Store so I wouldn't have to find a recipe and track down all the ingredients.  I'm lazy like that lol!  We mixed up the dry ingredients, simmered our spices and then mixed everything together.  So far, I'm happy with it.  Everyone else in the family is so- so.  The recipe needs a bit of tweaking for our family's taste, but overall it's a winner.

That's about it from here for the week.  We have a fun family trip planned in a couple weeks, so we're trying to keep things low key until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment