Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Carried Away

The quilt shop in town has been an endless source of inspiration for me. The bold, colorful prints just beg to be made into creative items. This particular piece inspired me to make it into a mei tai style baby carrier. This carrier is available for sale in my etsy shop.





The carrier is made of quilting weight cotton, which has a tighter weave as well as being a heavier weight. I've found that this cotton stands up better through multiple washings and the wear and tear that kids can put it through.




The shoulder straps are padded from just a couple inches above the top of the carrier to about mid- back.


This style of carrier has proven to be the most versitile carrier for me. Once my children have been able to hold their heads, I've carried them in the front carry.



And then, once they are old enough to not "fling" themselves backwards, I put them on my back.


No comments:

Post a Comment