Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Strawberry Lovin'

I had posted a note to my Facebook account that said I would make something for the first 5 people who responded. One of the five who responded has three girls. I wanted to make them something that matched. After pondering what I could make that would look good on three different girls, I came up with appliqueing strawberry hearts on white t- shirts.

The fabric is some that I had left over from girly- girl's Easter dress. Out of that and a desire to expand my sewing skills, I came up with these shirts.


And then in a fit of inspiration (and realizing that I still had some fabric left over), I made a paper- bag style skirt for one of the shirts. I stitched elastic around the waist and then stitched in to the t- shirt.


Girly- girl modeling the new dress. The dress is for sale in my etsy shop.




And why is it that she can never have a photo shoot all to herself? Her younger brother always insists on getting in on the shoots. Thanks to older brother from trying to pull him out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment