Monday, March 16, 2009

Project Runway

With season 6 being postponed indefinitely, I figured I would have to inspire myself and "make it work".

This is Simplicity 2927, a Project Runway inspired pattern. I decided to make the 3/4 length sleeve tunic with pockets.


Overall I was very happy with the pattern and the instructions. The only thing I would change would be to piece the back together (with the collar pieces) and then insert the zipper. Waiting until the tunic was together made it a little trickier to get the zipper in.

I used an antique pin to pin the collar together instead of buttons. This way I can change the look of the shirt by switching out the pin :)

I'm thinking of using this pattern again... Maybe the dress this time without sleeves, or a sleeveless tunic for this summer, or maybe... I have some really cool looking cotton prints that would make really cute dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment