Monday, March 9, 2009

Busy Sewing

I finally found some time to get back in the sewing room. First up was another mei tai carrier. I love the colors and the pattern on this one... I almost wanted to keep it for myself :)
My DS wanted to help me "test" the carrier. This is a backpack carry with the straps tied across my chest. It was surprisingly comfortable, considering he's around 40lbs now.

This was a fun project. I took a basic apron pattern and embellished it. Who says you can't look fabulous while working in the kitchen?

This was made from a vintage pattern I came across. It was a McCall's pattern printed in 1967. It said it was a size 14, bust 34"... Shows you how much dress sizes have changed in the last 40 years. I would say it would fit a size 8-10. It was way too big for me, and I usually wear a size 4- measurement wise, it should have been a lot closer than it was. I love the fabric for this... It was called fingerpainting. I'm going to have to see if I can find it again.

I'm hoping to get back in the sewing room later this week. Hopefully I'll be working on some purses and other totes to add to my etsy store.

No comments:

Post a Comment