Saturday, August 6, 2011

Another Flower

In my last post about flowers, I said I had been looking for patterns for those obnoxiously cute (ie big) bows for little girls.  After looking through several different patterns, I came up with this one.


Yes, I know she's adorably cute...


The head band is pretty simple.  Chain how every many you need to fit around the head, dc in third chain from hook and in each chain across.  Slip stitch the last stitch and weave the ends together to form a band.  I added the button where the band comes together.

The flower was made with this:

Ch 6, join to make ring with sl st.
Round 1: ch3 (count as dc), 15 dc in ring,sl st to third ch of beg.  (16 dc)
Round 2: ch3 (count as dc), dc in same space as joining, *2dc in next dc*. Repeat from * around, sl st to third ch of beg. ch3. (32 dc)
Round 3: *ch4, skip next 2 dc, sc in next dc*. Repeat from * around ending with sl st to previous joining st.
Round 4: *7 dc in next ch4 space, sc in next sc*. Repeat from * around, ending with sl st to previous joining st.

Because the flower had a hole in the center, I used that to attach it the button.  If I ever want to make other flowers in different colors, I can easily change them out and not have to make a new band every time =)

All this only took a couple hours to put together.  Probably would have been quicker if I hadn't had "help."



No comments:

Post a Comment