Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Linguine with Arugula and Pine Nuts

I'm part of a produce coop and every other week, I get an eighteen gallon tote full of fresh, organic fruits and vegetables.  Some of the vegetables, I have no idea what to do with.  So I got smart this week and actually looked up some recipes lol!

Arugula is an aromatic, peppery salad green. It is also known as roquette, rocket, rugula and rucola, and is very popular in Italian cuisine. It grows wild in Asia and all over the entire Mediterranean --- and has been known to be cultivated and enjoyed in places as exotic as the north of Sudan.  In Roman times arugula was grown for both its leaves and the seed. The seed was used for flavoring oils.


This is what I found to do with the arugula. 


I sauteed the arugula with smoked sausages and olive oil.  Once it was wilted, I transferred it to a bowl and added the linguine and pine nuts and tossed well.  I topped it with Parmesan cheese once it was dished up. 

Girly- girl ate two (kid- sized) bowls, Junior ate one and Junior- junior...  Well, he ate the "dot dogs" out of it and a couple "snake" noodles.  I call that a success in the kid eating department =)

No comments:

Post a Comment