A trip to the local fabric store the other day produced this wonderful flowered and striped fabric. I just knew I had to make it into a bag for myself.
I had come across a pattern for a wasp bag and *knew* I had to have one. The pattern came together very easily... I didn't really follow her directions, since I put patch pockets on instead of pockets in the lining. And I didn't include the keyring strap. But otherwise everything was very clearly written and easy to follow :)
The bag is big enough that I can carry all my stuff and some of the kids' stuff in it. I used it at the county fair, and was able to put a lot of the free goodies in there as well.
I'm still in search of the perfect buttons to put on the end of the straps. I want some thing big and bold lol!
The straps are just long enough that the bag sits just under the arm without feeling too tight. I can still open the bag while it's on my shoulder and dig around in it.
Here's a picture of the lining and one of the patch pockets I put on. There's another one on the other side of the bag. They're perfectly sewn to hold pens, cell phones and assorted other things that usually get lost on the bottom of the bag.
The more I look at this picture, the better I like the stripes with the flower trim. Maybe for the next bag I make I'll sew the straps the other way and have the stripes as the outside of the bag :)