Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tasteful Tuesday: Multi- Purpose Meal

My local grocery store has the best marinated chicken for fajitas.  Every couple weeks they run a special on it and I stock up.  

Yesterday afternoon I pulled out a pack and threw it in the crockpot on high.  Five hours later, I pulled it out and started shredding it.  The chicken will now make at least two meals plus leftovers.

The first dish I made was Chicken Fajita Soup.

To the juices that were left in the crock pot I added: 

1 can diced tomatoes
1 can Bush's Black Bean Fiesta (one of the Grillin' Beans varieties)
2 cups frozen corn
1 cup chicken broth

I added back in about 2 cups of the shredded chicken.

Heat through, serve topped with Goldfish crackers, tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream...

The kids gobbled this up last night.

Tonight I'll take the rest of the chicken and make it into fajitas with all the fixin's.

sauteed peppers and onions
tortillas
pico de gallo 
sour cream
guacamole
cheese

Mmmm...  I can hardly wait for supper =)


What's your favorite multi- purpose meal?


No comments:

Post a Comment