Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Recap

I don't really have a race to recap for you today.  But, I do have a run to recap.  

A couple months ago, I received word that my high school track and cross country coach had passed away. It was shocking to hear because he was the same age as my dad.  I went to school with his daughters.  I could only imagine their pain.

Last week I saw a notice on Facebook that there was a run being organized in his honor.  So, I printed off the registration form, sent in my fee and let them know that even though I wouldn't be able to make it back to WI to run with everyone that I would run on Saturday in honor of him.

Saturday morning I met a group of friends for a long run here in TX.  They were privileged to hear me talk about Mr E and the impact he had on my running career.

Thanks to Mr E, I am and continue to be a runner.


My junior year in high school with the team that Mr E helped coach to a state championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment