Monday, June 14, 2010

Weekly Training Update and Goals

Last week was a decent week of running...  Well, that is until Saturday rolled around.  Saturday was supposed to be my long run.  But, Sarge had to leave early, so that meant I was on the treadmill.  I loathe that thing.  So, my long run didn't happen =(

Total weekly miles: 22.62
Total yearly miles:  552.55

I have a goal of running 1500 miles this year.  Right now it doesn't look like I'll get there, but I have a plan lol!  And my plan calls for 947 more miles yet this year (yes, I have the rest of the year planned out...)

My plan for this week looks like this:

Monday: 5 mile tempo run (ran 5.01 AP: 7:37), weights (NROL4W 3B)
Tuesday: easy 4 miles
Wednesday: 15 minute WU, 12x400 (1:33-1:37) (400 RI), 10 minute WD, weights
Thursday: rest
Friday: 13 miles, weights
Saturday: easy 6
Sunday: rest

The next race I'm registered for is the Too Hot To Handle 15k on July 18.  There's a race (5k or 10k) on July 3rd, but I'm not sure if I'll do that.  It's free to DRC members, so I can show up the day of and "register" if I want.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog! I'd rather run outside, too, but today the treadmill saved me - it's so hot and humid outside! (I live in Houston.)

    Hope your training for the next race goes well!

    ReplyDelete