Thursday, April 15, 2010

Dishing It Blog Party

Amanda over at Serenity Now is throwing a blog party.  How fun!  It's a great way to get to know follow bloggers and maybe even find some more blogs to follow...  As if I don't have enough of those right now =)

So, pour yourself a cup of coffee, pull up a chair and be ready to be entertained...

~How long have you been blogging?

I started blogging shortly after my DH was deployed in November 2007.  That blog was a great way for me to "have someone to talk to" at night after the kids had gone to bed.  This blog was set to private and then eventually discontinued.  In the spring of 2009, I "expanded" my blog to include more of the things I was making.  I separated out my personal blog from my craft blog and came up with A Hodge Podge of Randomness and Designs By Lynette.


~Why did you start blogging?

At first it was to have someone to talk to at night, but then it turned into a way to share what the kids were doing with family and friends.  This has been great, especially since we've moved across the country from our family.  And the craft blog is a great way to have a record of what I've done.

~Tell me about your blog's title. Why did you choose it?

A hodge podge of randomness seems to fit my chaotic life and I tend to blog about random things.  That and all the good blog names were taken =) 

~What do you blog about?

Right now, it's mostly about what the kids are doing and adding lots of pictures for the grandparents to see.  Every so often, I'll blog about races I've run or how my training is going.  But mostly it's the kids.
~What is your favorite thing about blogging?

It's the modern version of a diary.  No, seriously.  Where else can you pour out your heart and get support and encouragement without having to "reveal" who you are? 

~If you had to choose one famous person to become your blog's next devoted reader, who would you pick?

Hmm...  Famous person...  Not really sure how famous they're considered outside the running community, but if Paula Radcliff or Kara Goucher stopped by, I'd be tickled.  Paula especially, because of the way she's combined running and family life and is still a top competitor.

~What's the funniest comment you've ever received on a blog post?

My friend Angie always seems to come up with some great lines.  Not laugh out loud funny, but more of the groaner type lines.

And now since the kids are running wild, I should put the coffee down and stop the chaos =)  Hope you all enjoyed a peak into my life.  Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely family you have! Love your tag line "a Peak into the that adventure that is my Life". Well said!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Have a great day!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopped by to Party with you! Your kids are darling and I love the name of your blog - sometimes life does feel like a hodge podge of randomness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lynette! Those are some cute cute babies you have. :) I can certainly relate to the feeling of having someone to talk to when you're blogging. My hubs is NOT a girl-talk kind of guy, so I get all of that out on the blog. ;) Thanks so much for stopping by my party to link up. Hope you're having fun "mingling!" ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's nice to meet a fellow blogger who is also a runner. The Grasslands 1/2 looked like fun even though it was cold and muddy. Your new patio is going to be great. Please come back to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kiddos are so cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love how you use this blog to talk to others at night. Since I'm a SAHM I get so lonely and in need of adult talk to!

    ReplyDelete